68 Manx Proverbs
1. A friend by you is better than a brother far off.
2. A rich man without liberality is like a tree without fruit.
3. A short courtship is the best courtship.
4. A stitch in due time saves nine.
5. A wise man will not receive rebuke.
6. After spring-tide, neap.
7. An eel by his tail, an Irishman at his word.
8. As poor as a church mouse.
9. Avoid all evil
10. Better leave something to an enemy than borrow from a friend.
11. Better to be poor and honest than to be rich and lying.
12. Between two stools is a fall.
13. Black as is the raven, he'll get a partner.
14. Blood is thicker than water.
15. Choose him for a friend who incites you to good works.
16. Don't tell me what I was, but tell me what I am.
17. Eaten bread is forgotten.
18. Eaten food is forgotten.
19. Foolish spending is a father of poverty.
20. Give a piece to the raven and he'll come again.