114 Maltese Proverbs
1. A cry and a sniff, and all comes to naught.
2. A cry, a sniff, and all comes to naught.
3. A cup must be bitter that a smile will not sweeten.
4. A good mule can be sold in his own territory.
5. A handful of dust, four capitals and shit on all i possessed.
6. A kiss without a hug is like a flower without the fragrance.
7. A lovely girl attracts attention by her good looks, an ugly girl by the help of a mirror.
8. A man and a sheaf of straw make two.
9. A man's heart is a forest.
10. A neck without a head, buttocks without a hole and a girl without shame are not worth admiring or marrying.
11. A woman can raise you to heaven and can dump you in hell.
12. A woman has even cheated the devil.
13. A woman has got seven souls.
14. A woman is like a lemon; you squeeze her and throw her away.
15. A woman who does not understand by a look of the eye won't understand by a box of the fist.
16. A womans tongue cracks bones.
17. After bad weather comes fine weather.
18. After taking ninety-nine years to climb a stairway, the tortoise falls and says there is a curse on haste.
19. All is well that ends well.
20. An oven whose door does not shut does not bake its loaves.