14 Malian Proverbs.
1. A deaf man may not have heard the thunder but he surely will see the rain.
2. A man is what he thinks.
3. A turtle is not proud of his long neck.
4. A woman who offers sex to everyone will get kicked by everyone.
5. If you've nothing to do, dig a spinster's grave.
6. Life is like a ballet performance -- danced only once.
7. One does not give a gift without a motive.
8. One does not give without a motive.
9. Slowly but surely the excrement of foreign poets will come to your village.
10. The hyena chasing two antelopes at the same time will go to bed hungry.
11. When mosquitoes work, they bite and then they sing.
12. You cannot wage war without the sound of gunpowder.
13. You must decide where you are going in the evening, if you intend to leave early in the morning.
14. You will never drown where you always take a bath.
14 Malian Proverbs