40 Malay Proverbs.
1. A fool is like the big drum that beats fast but does not realize its hollowness.
2. A heavy load should be borne together as well as a light load.
3. After Falling, The ladder falls on you.
4. An ox with long horns, even if he does not butt, will be accused of butting.
5. An unasked excuse infers transgression.
6. Ants die in sugar.
7. As long as you happen to put your hand in a container full of pickles, might as well dip your whole arm in the container.
8. Because of a drop of blue dye,a whole pot of milk is contaminated.
9. Because of lack of talent in dancing, the floor is blamed.
10. Bit by bit, in the end it becomes a hill.
11. calf is given, but then thigh is requested.
12. Clapping with the right hand only will not produce a noise.
13. Do not think that placid water is without crocodiles.
14. Gold rain drops on a foreign country,wherelse rain of stones drops on our country,but our country is better.
15. If there is no reason, why would the tempua bird nest on the low branches?
16. If you have, give; if you lack, seek.
17. If you want something, you'll do a thousand things to obtain it. But if you don't want something, you'll give a thousand excuses to refrain from it.
18. Just because you are irritated by a mosquito, you burn the mosquito curtain.
19. Like a monkey who eats belacaan.
20. Like the peanut, who forgets its shell.