46 Lithuanian Proverbs.
1. A man without a beard is like bread without a crust.
2. A silent pig digs the deepest root.
3. All that glitters is not gold, and all that is sticky is not tar.
4. As one devil goes out, another one comes in.
5. Dogs cannot make dreams come true -- people must do that.
6. Don't be too bold, or you will burn your eyes; but don't be too slow, or you will lose your share.
7. Don't laugh when your neighbors oven is on fire.
8. Even the hardest of winters fears the spring.
9. Even the smallest drop is appreciated by the drunkard.
10. Fear and love do not go together.
11. For every head a hat.
12. From a big cloud comes little rain.
13. God gave teeth; He will give bread.
14. Gold glitters even in the mud.
15. Good eyes don't fear smoke.
16. If it weren't for sorrow and bad times, every day would be Christmas.
17. If you go to bed hungry, you'll wake up without having slept.
18. If you run from a wolf, you may run into a bear.
19. It is difficult to teach a cow to climb a tree.
20. It is easier to give orders than to work.