69 Lebanese Proverbs.
1. A bite from a loving mouth is worth more than a kiss from any other.
2. A cemetery never refuses a corpse.
3. A clear conscience shines not only in the eyes.
4. A dog will always be a dog, even if he is raised by lions.
5. A donkey is a donkey though it may carry the Sultan's treasure.
6. A dressed up lie is worth more than a badly told truth.
7. A polite devil is more agreeable than a rude saint.
8. A wretched year has twenty-four months.
9. Better to have one thousand enemies outside the house than to have one single enemy inside it.
10. Beware of the man to whom you have done a good turn.
11. Do good and throw it into the sea -- if it is not appreciated by an ungrateful man, it will be appreciated by God.
12. Do today what you want ro postpone until tomorrow.
13. Do today what you want to postpone until tomorrow.
14. Flies know well the sweet seller's beard.
15. God hears things upside down.
16. Good advice once was worth a camel; now that it is free of charge, no one takes it.
17. Have faith in a stone and you will be healed by it.
18. He is like a deaf man at a wedding procession.
19. He who gossips to you will gossip about you.
20. He who has money can eat ice cream in hell.