55 Kashmiri Proverbs
1. A blind man's wife is God's keeping.
2. A kick works as a treatment to a hunch backed person.
3. A king for a moment, and a beggar soon after.
4. A man loves his own shortcomings.
5. A pestle upon a peg, and a mortar upon a clothes line.
6. A single log of wood does not burn even in an oven.
7. Agreement with two people, lamentation with three.
8. Among the ignorant a little knowledge is of great value.
9. Bad times came to be; hens on thrones we were to see.
10. Bolted windows with the door ajar.
11. Clean your heart and mind of negative thoughts.
12. Destiny often withholds the crown from the very person who deserves it.
13. Don't count your chicken before they hatch.
14. Eleven persons take eleven paths.
15. Empty vessels make much noise.
16. Food will last while the forests last.
17. Forcing a bludgeon through a chinar trunk. Doing the impossible.
18. Giving advice to a stupid man is like giving salt to a squirrel.
19. God is the friend of both the simple guy and the leper.
20. I bought the nettle, sowed the nettle, and then the nettle stung me.