63 Kashmir Proverbs
1. A confused man is like the drowning man who asks for pears from the willow tree.
2. A human being is quite impatient.
3. A king for a moment, and a beggar soon after.
4. A lie doesn't have a foot to stand on.
5. A truly educated person is a gem.
6. A very jealous person is glad when somebody else cries, and sighs when others laugh.
7. After killing a yakur bird your hands will stink.
8. An idle person may have just three tasks: sleeping, eating and quarrelling.
9. Anyone can be trapped.
10. Diamond cuts diamond.
11. Distance lends enchantment.
12. Don't build the bungalow on an inch of ground.
13. Economize expenditure.
14. First for self, then for the stranger.
15. Good connections should pay.
16. Good people are gentle.
17. Good people have set sail to arrive at such gentleness as cuts like diamonds
18. If you don't have an enemy, don't you have a cousin?
19. It can be impossible to change an established image.
20. It does not pay to talk a lot.