219 Jamaican Proverbs.
1. A good conscience is better than a big wage.
2. A greedy mek fly follow coffin go a hole.
3. A lawyer looks at you with one eye, but he looks at your pocket with two.
4. A little axe can cut down a big tree.
5. A little pepper burns a big man's mouth.
6. A man with trousers that are too short should wear long suspenders.
7. A new broom sweeps clean, but an old broom knows every corner.
8. A noh every mango got maggige.
9. A noh siame diay leaf drop a river bottom it rotten.
10. A pound a fret can't pay an ounce a debt.
11. Ackee lub fat, ocra lub salt
12. All kind of fish eat man, only shark get blame.
13. Alligator lay egg but him no fowl.
14. Alligator lay egg, but 'im noh fowl.
15. Alligator shouldn' call hog long mout.
16. An old debt is better than an old grudge.
17. Bad luck wos dan Obeah.
18. Barking saves biting.
19. Beautiful 'ooman, beautiful trouble.
20. Beautiful woman, beautiful trouble.