25 Ivorian Proverbs.
1. A bad son gives his mother a bad name.
2. A friend will wipe away sweat but not blood.
3. A poor man's sheep will never get fat.
4. Better a bad wife than an empty house.
5. Everybody loves a fool, but nobody wants him for a son.
6. He who cannot sleep can still dream.
7. He who gives a monkey as a present doesn't keep hold of its tail.
8. He who talks incessantly, talks nonsense.
9. If you are not going to bite, don't show your teeth.
10. In the village that you don't know, the chickens have teeth.
11. In the villages where there are no oxen, the sheep's feet seem strong.
12. Ingratitude is sooner or later fatal to its author.
13. Mutual affection is when each gives his share.
14. Mutual gifts cement friendship.
15. Taking aim for too long can ruin your eyes.
16. Taking water from the same well doesn't make all the wives' gravy taste good.
17. Teeth will never quarrel with the tongue.
18. The death of an elderly man is like a burning library.
19. The panther and the sheep never hunt together.
20. The stranger has big eyes but he doesn't see anything.