2053 Italian Proverbs.
1. "They say so," is half a lie.
2. "Yes" and "no" govern the world.
3. 'Tis a silly sheep that confesses to the wolf.
4. 'Tis good feasting in other men's houses.
5. A bad agreement is better than a good lawsuit.
6. A barking cur does not bite.
7. A barking dog never bites.
8. A beard well lathered is half shaved.
9. A beautiful woman smiling, bespeaks a purse weeping.
10. A beetle is a beauty in the eyes of his mother.
11. A bird in the cage is worth a hundred at large.
12. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
13. A blind man is not judge of colours.
14. A book whos sale's forbidden all men rush to see, and prohibition turns one reader into three.
15. A book whose sale's forbidden all men rush to see, and prohibition turns one reader into three.
16. A bow that is bent too far will break.
17. A braying ass eats little hay.
18. A burden that one chooses is not felt.
19. A burden which one chooses is not felt.
20. A cage made of gold does not feed the bird inside of it.