35 Israeli Proverbs / Page 2
21. Let a good man do good deeds with the same zeal that the evil man does bad ones.
22. Loneliness breaks the spirit.
23. Never trust the man who tells you all his troubles but keeps from you all his joys.
24. One of life's greatest mysteries is how the boy who wasn't good enough to marry your daughter can be the father of the smartest grandchild in the world.
25. People make plans and God laughs.
26. The favorite place of God is in the heart of man.
27. Time heals old pain, while it creates new ones.
28. We do not see things the way they are but as we are.
29. What one has, one doesn't want, and what one wants, one doesn't have.
30. What you don't see with your eyes, don't invent with your mouth.
31. When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.
32. When you're hungry, sing; when you're hurt, laugh.
33. Where two Jews, three opinions.
34. Worries go down better with soup.
35. You can't force anyone to love you or lend you money.