19 Ibo Proverbs.
1. A baby on its mother's back doesn't know the journey is long.
2. A bird that flies off the earth and lands on an anthill is still on the ground.
3. A debt may get moldy, but it never decays.
4. A man who lives on the banks of the Niger should not wash his hands with spittle.
5. Always being in a hurry does not prevent death, neither does going slowly prevent living.
6. Anger against a brother is felt in the flesh, not in the bone.
7. Book stands by itself and experience stands by itself.
8. If you want to eat a toad, you should look for a fat and juicy one.
9. Never kill a man who says nothing.
10. Never let any mechanical device know that you are in a hurry.
11. Ours is ours, but mine is mine.
12. Shall we kill a snake and carry it in our hand when we have a bag for putting long things in?
13. The eye is not harmed by sleep.
14. The rain does not recognize anyone as a friend; it drenches all equally.
15. What an elder sees sitting; the young can't see standing.
16. When a new saying gets to the land of empty men they lose their heads over it.
17. When the brothers fight to the death, a stranger inherits their father's estate.
18. Wherever something stands, another thing stands beside it.
19. Words are sweet, but they never take the place of food.
19 Ibo Proverbs