832 Hungarian Proverbs
1. A bad penny always turns up.
2. A bashful beggar has an empty wallet.
3. A bashful beggar will have an empty wallet.
4. A beaten one carries an unbeaten.
5. A bent head is not touched by the sword.
6. A bird is recognized by her feathers, a man by his friend.
7. A blind leads a sightless.
8. A busy women has a lazy daughter, a lazy women has a busy daughter.
9. A child, a drunkard and a fool tell the truth.
10. A clever master turns even a loss into a gain.
11. A clever pig extracts a deep root.
12. A crow does not louse the buffalo to clean him but to feed himself.
13. A crow does not pick out the crow's eye.
14. A dog that barks does not bite.
15. A dogs broken bone will soon be healed.
16. A drowning man catches even at a stalk of straw.
17. A falcon will not breed a dove.
18. A flatterer is a secret enemy.
19. A fool can tell only foolish things.
20. A fool may throw a stone into a well which a hundred wise cannot take out.