34 Hopi Proverbs.
1. A people without faith in themselves cannot survive.
2. All dreams spin out from the same web.
3. An angry word is like striking with a knife.
4. Before you take any decision, consider its effect on the next seven generations.
5. Do not allow anger to poison you.
6. Don't be afraid to cry. it will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts.
7. Eating little and speaking little can hurt no man.
8. If we dig precious things from the land, we will invite disaster.
9. In age, talk; in childhood, tears.
10. In death, I am born.
11. Lose your temper and you lose a friend; lie and you lose yourself.
12. Never be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts.
13. Never help a person who doesn't help anybody else.
14. Never interfere in a person's decisions about what he will do with his possessions.
15. No answer is also an answer.
16. One finger can't lift a pebble.
17. Take a breath of the new dawn and make it a part of you.
18. Take care when you speak in judgment. Words are powerful weapons.
19. Take your child with you where you go and be not ashamed.
20. Teaching should come from within instead of without.