11 Hindustani Proverbs.
1. Bathe early every day and sickness will avoid you.
2. Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not dismount.
3. Diet cures more than the lancet.
4. Give your ears to words but do not give your words to ears.
5. It is a cart if it goes well, otherwise it is but timber.
6. No sooner have you spoken than what you have said becomes the property of another.
7. Once out of the throat it spreads over the world.
8. The adult looks to deed, the child to love.
9. The adult looks to deeds, the child to love.
10. The tree casts its shade upon all, even upon the woodcutter.
11. True nobility is in being superior to your previous self.
11 Hindustani Proverbs