32 Hindu Proverbs
1. A man becomes like those whose society he loves.
2. A man in this world without learning is as a beast of the field.
3. Among the blind, the squint rules.
4. Anger has no eyes.
5. Can the monkey know the taste of ginger?
6. Can't tell his ass from a hole in the ground.
7. Dig a well every day to drink water every day.
8. Dig your well before you're thirsty.
9. Eating while seated makes one of large size; eating while standing makes one strong.
10. He who does kind deeds becomes rich.
11. Help thy brother's boat across, and lo! thine own has reached the shore.
12. Help your brother's boat across, and your own will reach the shore.
13. It is a cart if it travels well, else it is but timber.
14. It is better to walk than to run; it is better to stand than to walk; it is better to sit than to stand; it is better to lie than to sit.
15. Kill a cow to donate shoes.
16. Like the body that is made up of different limbs and organs, all mortal creatures exist depending upon one another.
17. Many dogs kill a hare, no matter how many turns it makes.
18. Of what use is the veil if you are going to dance.
19. Saints fly only in the eyes of their disciples.
20. Sleep after selling horses and elephants.