22 Hindi Proverbs.
1. A fool went to fish, but lost his fishing-basket.
2. A scalded cat dreads cold water.
3. A thief is a thief, whether he steals a diamond or a cucumber.
4. Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
5. Can your hands do what your tongue does?
6. Don't bargain for fish which are still in the water.
7. God gives food to every bird, but does not throw it into the nest.
8. God takes care of a blind cow.
9. He who will not climb will not fall.
10. I am king, you a king: who is to fetch the water?
11. In a treeless country, the castor-oil plant is a big tree.
12. Man is his own devil.
13. On a green tree there are many parrots.
14. One who cannot dance blames the floor.
15. Self Praise is no praise.
16. The eyes do not see what the mind does not want.
17. The washerman never tears his father's clothes.
18. The young crow is wiser than its mother.
19. To lend is to buy a quarrel.
20. To lose is to learn.