343 Hebrew Proverbs.
1. A basic rule of caution: don't be overly cautious.
2. A beautiful ornament looks best on a beautiful woman.
3. A book gives knowledge, but it is life that gives understanding.
4. A borrower may not lend the thing he borrowed.
5. A change of name or place may sometimes save a person.
6. A dog can't be a butcher, and a bachelor can't be a matchmaker.
7. A dream which has not been interpreted is like a letter unread.
8. A drunkard at prayer is regarded as an idol worshipper.
9. A guest who comes empty handed does not deserve a warm welcome.
10. A henpecked husband gets no support during a lawsuit.
11. A jew without a wife will not find peace in this life.
12. A leader is not necessarily one who knows the way but one who thinks he knows the way.
13. A liar's punishment: even when he tells the truth, people don't believe him.
14. A little fire burns up a great deal of corn.
15. A man dies when he stops working.
16. A man without a woman cannot defend himself against seductions.
17. A man's heart tells him of his opportunities better than seven watchmen on the lookout tower.
18. A man's intelligence is located in the tip of the pen.
19. A pain that pricks the conscience is more effective than a lot of whiplashes.
20. A people's legends reveal its character more clearly than its acts and events.