51 Hawaiian Proverbs / Page 3
41. Those above are going down, those below are going up.
42. Unfolded by the water are faces of the flowers. Flowers thrive where there is water, as thriving people are found where living conditions are good.
43. Unite to move forward.
44. Watch out lest the canoe land on a rocky reef.
45. When love is given, love should be returned, anger gives no life.
46. When one dreams of a canoe, there will be no luck the next day.
47. When the rain fell at Puuohaloa where were you.
48. Where the hands move, there let the eyes follow.
49. While the sun is still up, let people work that the earth may live.
50. Wield the paddles together.
51. You are a chief because of your people.