84 Haitian Proverbs.
1. 'hurry' and 'well' never go hand in hand.
2. A foreseen disaster should not kill the handicapped.
3. A mirror doesn't know how to lie.
4. A monkey never thinks her baby's ugly.
5. A silk dress doesn't mean clean undergarments.
6. A single finger cannot catch fleas.
7. A stumble is not a fall.
8. A woman is like mahogany: the older she is, the better she is.
9. Age and marriage tame the beast.
10. All food is fit to eat, but not all words are fit to speak.
11. An empty sack cannot stand up.
12. An empty sack doesn't stand up.
13. Arriving and leaving, hoping and remembering, that's what life consists of.
14. Beat the dog; wait for its master.
15. Behind the gentle barb lies the deadly barb.
16. Being careful is not being a coward.
17. Better rags than nakedness.
18. Better to take your time on the way, if you bring good news.
19. Beyond mountains, there are more mountains.
20. Beyond the mountain is another mountain.