20 Guinean Proverbs.
1. A cow that has no tail should not try to chase away flies.
2. A good deed is something one returns.
3. Around a flowering tree, there are many insects.
4. For news of the heart, ask the face.
5. He who has done evil, expects evil.
6. He who has not yet reached the opposite shore should not make fun of him who is drowning.
7. He, who does not cultivate his field, will die of hunger.
8. Knowledge is like a garden: if it is not cultivated, it cannot be harvested.
9. No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.
10. One camel does not make fun of the other camel's hump.
11. Save your fowl before it stops flapping.
12. The man on his feet carries off the share of the man sitting down.
13. The man who builds his own throne rules over a desert.
14. The man who can't dance says the band can't play.
15. The toad likes water, but not when it's boiling.
16. To have two eyes can be cause for pride; but to have one eye is better than to have none.
17. To make preparations does not spoil the trip.
18. When a needle falls into a deep well, many people will look into the well, but few will be ready to go down after it.
19. When you don't wait for it tomorrow still comes.
20. When you wait for tomorrow it never comes. When you don't wait for it tomorrow still comes.
20 Guinean Proverbs