13 Guatemalan Proverbs.
1. A weapon is an enemy even to its owner.
2. Better to eat beans in peace than to eat meat in distress.
3. Do not bear ill will toward those who tell you the truth.
4. Don't despise someone for telling the truth.
5. Everyone is the age of their heart.
6. He who avoids the temptations avoids the sin.
7. He who doesn't risk a penny doesn't make a peso.
8. It's not the fault of the parrot, but of the one who teaches him to talk.
9. Return property to its owner, and your sleep will be peaceful.
10. That which is said at the table should be wrapped up in the tablecloth.
11. The deepest waters make the least noise.
12. There's no ill that doesn't turn out for the better.
13. Your true enemy lives in your own house.
13 Guatemalan Proverbs