143 Ghanaian Proverbs / Page 2
21. Even if the old woman has no teeth, her tiger nuts remain in her own bag.
22. Even the elephant can fan off flies with its short tail.
23. Even though the old man is strong and hearty, he will not live forever.
24. Even though the peel of the palm nut has no pulpy substance in it, it is stripped off all the same.
25. Even though the sound of the horn is not pleasant, it is still blown by a man's mouth.
26. Every one hates the red ant on a kola nut because he cannot eat or sell it.
27. Fire and gunpowder are not bedfellows.
28. Fire and gunpowder do not sleep together.
29. Hate has no medicine.
30. He who falls victim to his enemies can expect no mercy.
31. He who is guilty has much to say.
32. He who seems to be for you may be working against you.
33. However high you lift the kid goat, you place it gently on the ground.
34. Hunger is felt by a slave and hunger is felt by a king.
35. I will get it because I can, one says with a reason.
36. If a woman gets rich she changes into a man.
37. If an opportunity is not taken when it comes, it passes away.
38. If God breaks your leg, He will teach you how to limp.
39. If power can be bought then sell your mother to get it.
40. If the building of a nest were easy, would the little "apatipers" bird roost in the fork of a tree?