41 German Proverbs about KingAll German Proverbs | Proverbs about King
1. Between wording and working is a long road.
2. Buying is cheaper than asking.
3. Drinking a little too much is drinking a great deal too much.
4. Eating and drinking holds body and soul together.
5. Give unto the king what is the king's, and unto God what is God's.
6. Good luck, with good looking after.
7. He that pelts every barking dog, must pick up a great many stones.
8. He who is always drinking and stuffing, will in time become a ragamuffin.
9. I will not change a cottage in possession for a kingdom in reversion.
10. If I am seen, I am joking; if I am not seen, I steal.
11. In the looking-glass we see our form, in wine the heart.
12. It is bad baking without flour and water.
13. Little folks are fond of talking about what great folks do.
14. One should be born either a king or a fool.
15. Revenge of an hundred years old hath still its sucking teeth.
16. Small undertakings give great comfort.
17. Speaking comes by nature, silence by understanding.
18. Stagnant water grows stinking.
19. Talking is easier than doing, and promising than performing.
20. Talking is silver, silence is gold.
Proverbs about King
Quotes related to King by Power Quotations