8 Galla Proverbs.
1. A single stick may smoke, but it will not burn.
2. As the wound inflames the finger, so thought inflames the mind.
3. Even over cold pudding, the coward says ~'It will burn my mouth.
4. It is strange! The ox eats hay and the dog eats bread, while the donkey carries wine but drinks water.
5. Teeth are all friends among each other.
6. The fool is thirsty in the midst of water.
7. What has been blown away, cannot be found again.
8. What one hopes for is always better than what one has.
8 Galla Proverbs