12 Galician Proverbs.
1. A church stone drops gold.
2. Friends and mules fail in hard trials.
3. He that is unkind to his own will not be kind to others.
4. He that is won with a nut, may be lost with an apple.
5. He who plays with a sword plays with the devil.
6. I see by my mother-in-law's eyes when the devil takes hold of her.
7. The bad neighbour gives a needle without thread.
8. The cow that does not eat with the oxen, either eats before or after them.
9. The devil is fond of his own.
10. The fox goes through the corn and does not eat, but brushes it down with his tail.
11. The hen's eyes are where her eggs are.
12. You a lady, I a lady, who is to put the sow out of doors?
12 Galician Proverbs