56 Gaelic Proverbs.
1. 'Tis hard to hold a conger by the tail.
2. A bad reaper never gets a good sickle.
3. A day's work--getting started.
4. A dimple on the chin, the devil within.
5. A friend by thee is better than a brother far off.
6. A friend's eye is a good mirror.
7. A gossip's mouth is the devil's postbag.
8. A king's son is no nobler than his company.
9. A man is known by the company he keeps.
10. A man is known by the eye, and the face discovers wisdom.
11. A wild goose never laid a tame egg.
12. As thou valuest yourself, others will esteem thee.
13. Assurance is two-thirds of success.
14. Avoid the evil, and it will avoid thee.
15. Carelessness is worse than a thief.
16. Choose your company before you choose your drink.
17. Common sense hides shame.
18. Do not judge by appearances; a rich heart may be under a poor coat.
19. Do not light a fire that you cannot yourself put out.
20. Do not look to the peaceful man for cudgels.