2214 French Proverbs.
1. "Almost" and "about" prevent lying.
2. "They say" is a fool.
3. 'Tis a good farthing that saves a penny.
4. 'Tis a good horse that has no fault.
5. 'Tis a long day a day without bread.
6. 'Tis a silly sheep that makes the wolf her confessor.
7. 'Tis everywhere the same as here.
8. 'Tis possible if true.
9. 'Tis sweet at certain times to drop the sage.
10. 'Tis the last straw that breaks the camel's back.
11. 'Twixt the cup and the lip there's many a slip.
12. 'Twixt the word and the deed there's a long step.
13. A baby is an angel whose wings decrease as his legs increase.
14. A bad bush is better than an open field.
15. A bad compromise is better than a good lawsuit.
16. A bad sheerer never had a good sickle.
17. A bad workman never finds a good tool.
18. A beautiful maxim in the memory is like a piece of gold in the purse.
19. A beggar is never out of his road.
20. A beggar on his feet is worth more than an emperor in his grave.