44 Ethiopia Proverbs.
1. A blade won't cut another blade; a cheat won't cheat another cheat.
2. A cat may go to a monastery, but she still remains a cat!
3. A close friend can become a close enemy.
4. A cow gave birth to a fire: she wanted to lick it, but it burned; she wanted to leave it, but she could not because it was her own child.
5. A fool and water will go the way they are diverted.
6. A fool looks for dung where the cow never browsed.
7. A fool will pair an ox with an elephant.
8. A home without a woman is like a barn without cattle.
9. A loose tooth will not rest until it's pulled out.
10. A partner in the business will not put an obstacle to it.
11. A too modest man goes hungry.
12. Advise and counsel him; if he does not listen, let adversity teach him.
13. Anticipate the good so that you may enjoy it.
14. Cactus is bitter only to him who tastes of it.
15. Clothes put on while running come off while running.
16. Confiding a secret to an unworthy person is like carrying grain in a bag with a hole.
17. Dine with a stranger but save your love for your family.
18. Evil enters like a needle and spreads like an oak tree.
19. He who conceals his disease cannot expect to be cured.
20. He who digs too deep for a fish, may come out with a snake.