201 Estonian Proverbs.
1. A debt is always new.
2. A dog who is called for, an honest man goes himself.
3. A girl who cannot patch man's trousers in between the legs, must not marry at all, because what use does a man have of such a stupid wife.
4. A girl without a needle is like a cat without a claw.
5. A good deed bears interest.
6. A good deed is written on snow.
7. A man is who knows to marry a woman and buy a horse.
8. A man who gets, a bitch who lets.
9. A man who has learned much is rich.
10. A much-used plow shines; stagnant waters stink.
11. A poor beggar is the one who begs without a bag.
12. Barking dogs don't catch hares.
13. Beauty does not fill your tummy.
14. Better a goat that can give milk than a cow that cannot.
15. Coal that does not burn gives little heat.
16. Do not choose your wife on your way to the church.
17. Don't put off today's work till tomorrow.
18. Earth is dearer than gold.
19. Earth is more precious than gold.
20. Give good and get good.