157 Egyptian Proverbs
1. A back does not break from bending.
2. A beautiful thing is never perfect.
3. A blow to another's purse is like a blow to a mountain of sand.
4. A borrowed coat does not keep one warm.
5. A camel does not tease another camel about his humps.
6. A goose's child is a swimmer.
7. A man with two ears can be supported by two words.
8. A man's ruin lies in his tongue.
9. A monkey is a gazelle in its mother's eyes.
10. A person with a wound on his head keeps touching it.
11. A small house can lodge a hundred friends.
12. A woman will be twice bound when her chains feel comfortable.
13. An absent person has his excuse.
14. An absent person should have his excuse.
15. An onion shared with a friend tastes like roast lamb.
16. Bathe her and then look at her.
17. Be patient with a bad neighbor. Maybe he'll leave or a disaster will take him out.
18. Beautiful discourse is rarer than emerald, yet it can be found among the servant girls at the grindstones.
19. Because we focused on the snake, we missed the scorpion.
20. Bed is the poor man's opera.