23 Dutch Proverbs about WiseView All Proverbs about Wise
1. A fool may chance to say a wise thing.
2. A fool may give a wise man counsel.
3. A fool may meet with good fortune, but the wise only profits by it.
4. A still tongue makes a wise head.
5. A still tongue maketh a wise head.
6. Fools ask questions that wise men cannot answer.
7. Fools ask what's o'clock, but wise men know their time.
8. Fools build house and wise men live in them.
9. Half a word to the wise is enough.
10. He is so wise, that he goes upon the ice three days before it freezes.
11. He would be wise who knew all things beforehand.
12. No one is wise in his own affairs.
13. Soon ripe, soon rotten; soon wise, soon foolish.
14. The most learned are not the wisest.
15. 'Tis a wise child that knows its own father.
16. Wise men sue for offices, and blockheads get them.
17. Wise rats run from a falling house.
18. A word is enough to the wise.
19. Penny wise, and pound foolish.
20. A fool by chance may say a wise thing.
Proverbs about Wise
Quotes related to Wise by Power Quotations