7 Dominican Republic Proverbs.
1. A good surgeon must have a hawk's eye, a lion's heart and a woman's hand.
2. Absence is the enemy of love; as the distance is from the eyes, so it is from the heart.
3. Don't be like the shadow: a constant companion, yet not a comrade.
4. If fate throws a knife at you, there are two ways of catching it: by the blade or by the handle.
5. It is a fine thing to command, though it be only a herd of cattle.
6. The devil always paints himself black, but we always see him rose-colored.
7. The way of this world is to praise dead saints and persecute living ones.
7 Dominican Republic Proverbs