120 Czech Proverbs / Page 2.
21. Blessed is the man who has friends, but woe to him who needs them.
22. Choose your woman with a velvet glove, but control her with a fist of iron.
23. Cleanliness is half your health.
24. Consider each day of your life to be the best.
25. Do not always expect good to happen, but do not let evil take you by surprise.
26. Do not blow in the bear's ear.
27. Do not buy with your ears but with your eyes.
28. Do not choose your wife at a dance, but in the field among the harvesters.
29. Do not protect yourself with a fence, but rather by your friends.
30. Don't be a lion in your own house.
31. Don't extinguish something that does not burn you.
32. Don't go to the pub without money.
33. Don't jump high in a room with a low ceiling.
34. Doubts mean losing half of one's case beforehand.
35. Early bird hops further.
36. Even in hell it is good to have friends.
37. Even in the tiniest little chapel there are some prayers said once a year.
38. Even small fish are fish.
39. Everywhere is well, at home it's best.
40. Extol the virtue of water, but drink wine.