120 Czech Proverbs.
1. A crow sits next to a crow.
2. A crow will not peck out a crow's eyes.
3. A custom wears a shirt of iron.
4. A dog that barks doesn't bite.
5. A good neighbor increases the value of your property.
6. A lie has short legs.
7. A sweaty foot seldom comes alone.
8. After a battle, everyone is a general.
9. Against the beastly human being even the gods are powerless.
10. All rivers do their best for the sea.
11. An apple does not fall far from the tree.
12. Anger is the only thing to put off until tomorrow.
13. As long as a language lives, the people will not perish.
14. As one makes his bed, that way he shall lie down.
15. As one sows, so shall he reap.
16. Beer makes beautiful bodies.
17. Better a lie that soothes than a truth that hurts.
18. Better a lie which heals than a truth which wounds.
19. Better a sparrow in the hand than a pigeon on the roof.
20. Better to have a handful of might than a sack of justice.