40 Cuban Proverbs
1. A lie runs until it is overtaken by the truth.
2. A lie runs until truth catches up to it.
3. A love that can last forever takes but a second to come about.
4. A man possesses beauty in his quality and a woman possesses quality in her beauty.
5. A woman's honor consists in the good opinion the world has of her.
6. Brief encounters can result in long relationships.
7. Cheese, wine, and a friend must be old to be good.
8. Coffee from the top of the cup and chocolate from the bottom.
9. Do not be excessively timid or excessively confident.
10. Do not run into debt with a rich man, or promise anything to a poor one.
11. Even a leaf does not flutter on the tree without the will of god.
12. Every head is a world.
13. Faces of men we see but not their hearts.
14. Gluttony and vanity grow with age.
15. God made us and we wonder at it.
16. He who owes nothing has bought nothing on layaway.
17. He who speaks much, errs much.
18. He who tells the truth doesn't sin, but he causes many inconveniences.
19. How can you trust anyone who doesn't know how to blush?
20. If you return an ass's kick, most of the pain is yours.