344 Corsican Proverbs
1. A candidate promises more cheese than bread.
2. A chicken who isn't pecking has already eaten.
3. A Christian forgives, an idiot forgets.
4. A Christmas of games, an Easter by the fire.
5. A closed mouth catches neither flies nor food.
6. A crazy father and mother make sensible children.
7. A curse turns against the one who uttered it.
8. A curse turns around and strikes the one who uttered it in the face.
9. A cursed horse has a shining coat.
10. A father and mother can raise ten children. But ten children aren't enough to keep a father and a mother.
11. A fine rain still soaks you to the bone, but no one takes it seriously.
12. A fool doing what he knows is better than a hundred wise men doing what they don't know.
13. A fortune-teller would never be unhappy.
14. A fox distances itself from a crazy pup.
15. A full purse cannot bend.
16. A good buy is better than a good sale.
17. A good dog gets a good bone.
18. A greedy man's possession is eaten by a pirate.
19. A grunting donkey is nothing to be ashamed of.
20. A horse aged thirty: don't add any more years.