19 Confucian Proverbs.
1. A journey of a thousand li begins with a single step.
2. A picture is worth a thousand words.
3. After all I have no nationality and am not anxious to claim any. Individuality is more than nationality.
4. Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes.
5. He who counsels himself, counsels a fool.
6. I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
7. If there is righteousness in the heart, there will be beauty in the character. If there is beauty in the character, there will be harmony in the home. If there is harmony in the home, there will be order in the nation. If there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world.
8. If thy strength will serve, go forward in the ranks; if not, stand still.
9. If to-day will not, to-morrow may.
10. If two ride on a horse, one must ride behind.
11. It doesn't matter how slowly you go as long as you don't stop.
12. That which is benevolent is invincible.
13. The feeling of commiseration is the feeling of humanity; the feeling of shame and dislike is the beginning of righteousness; the feeling of deference and compliance is the beginning of propriety; and the feeling of right and wrong is the beginning of wisdom. Men have these Four Beginnings just as they have their four limbs.
14. Three things demonstrate a lack of filial piety.
15. Train equally the mind and body.
16. Using writings to form a community.
17. When a thing is done, advice comes too late.
18. Who depends on another man's table often dines late.
19. You are you and I am I.
19 Confucian Proverbs