22 Chinese Proverbs about BookView All Proverbs about Book
1. A book holds a house of gold.
2. A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.
3. A book tightly shut is but a block of paper.
4. A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood.
5. A wicked book cannot repent.
6. It is better to be entirely without a book than to believe it entirely.
7. Many books do not use up words; many words do not use up thoughts.
8. Scholars talk books, butchers talk pigs.
9. Schoolmaster, stick to your books; farmer, to your pigs.
10. Unplowed fields make hollow bellies; unread books make hollow minds.
11. A man is happy when he has books, but happier still when he does not need them.
12. A single conversation across the table with a wise man is worth a month's study of books.
13. If your books are not read, your descendants will be ignorant.
14. It is better to be without a book than to believe it entirely.
15. When you have read a book for the first time, you get to know a friend; read it for a second time and you meet an old friend.
16. The person who is his own master cannot tolerate another boss. It's better to be without a book than to believe a book entirely. When economy goes south, people get political.
17. Every book must be chewed to get out its juice.
18. A load of books does not equal one good teacher.
19. To open a book brings profit.
20. Books speak to the mind, friends to the heart, heaven to the soul, all else to the ears.
Proverbs about Book
Quotes related to Book by Power Quotations