24 Catalonian Proverbs.
1. A mother-in-law made of sugar, still tastes bitter.
2. A mother-in-law may be good, but she is better when mother earth covers her up.
3. A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.
4. A whore in spring, a nun in autumn.
5. At a wedding a bride eats the least.
6. Dancing at the carnival, baptizing on All Saints Day.
7. For love of the ox the wolf licks the yoke.
8. God forgives the sin of gluttony.
9. He who hunts after bargains will scratch his head.
10. He who maligns you in your absence is afraid of your presence.
11. He who waits for another's platter has a cold meal.
12. If all else fails, sleep with your mother.
13. In times of famine no bread is stale.
14. It's better that it should make you sick than that you don't eat it at all.
15. Love does much, money does all.
16. Secret fire is discovered by its smoke.
17. Show me your wife and I will tell you what kind of a husband she has.
18. Talking of an old debt always starts another quarrel.
19. The best word is the unspoken word.
20. The musician who is paid in advance does not play so well.