51 Cameroonian Proverbs.
1. A bird that allows itself to be caught will find a way of escaping.
2. A building of sand falls as you build it.
3. A chattering bird builds no nest.
4. A cherry year, a merry year; a plum year, a dumb year.
5. A friend is worth more than a brother.
6. A man's wealth may be superior to him.
7. An elephant will reach to the roof of the house.
8. Beauty is an empty calabash.
9. Better a mistake at the beginning than at the end.
10. Better little than too little.
11. By trying often, the monkey learns to jump from the tree.
12. By trying repeatedly, the monkey learns how to jump from the tree.
13. Do not step on the dog's tail, and he will not bite you.
14. Every smart man is an ignoramus who abuses his ignorance.
15. He, who asks questions, cannot avoid the answers.
16. However little you think of the elephant, you can't say it won't fill a pot.
17. However swift a man, he will not outstrip his shadow.
18. If everyone is going to dance, who, then, would watch?
19. If love is a sickness, patience is the remedy.
20. If the fight is tomorrow, then why should you clench your fist today?