27 Belgian Proverbs.
1. Children have a hair of their father.
2. Don't make use of another's mouth unless it has been leant to you.
3. Don't make waves.
4. Experience is the comb that nature gives us when we are bald.
5. Experience is the father of wisdom.
6. Experience keeps a dear school.
7. God heals, but the doctor gets paid.
8. Happy nations have no history.
9. He who arrives too late finds the plate turned over.
10. He who does not wish for little things does not deserve big things.
11. Honor is better than honors.
12. In the end a needle weighs heavy.
13. It is no use waiting for your ship to come in unless you have sent one out.
14. It's no use waiting for your ship to come in, unless you've sent one out.
15. Money buys cherries.
16. One spot stains the whole dress.
17. The beautiful is less what one sees than what one dreams.
18. The bee, from her industry in the summer, eats honey all the winter.
19. The beggar may sing before the thief.
20. The horse must graze where it is tethered.