14 Bedouin Proverbs.
1. As the camel falls to its knees, more knives are drawn.
2. At the narrow passage, there is no brother and no friend.
3. He who shares my bread and salt is not my enemy.
4. I against my brother, I and my brother against our cousin, I, my brother and our cousin against the neighbors, All of us against the foreigner.
5. I give thee flight without wings.
6. Keep women far away from song, because it is a summons to adultery.
7. Knowledge is light. – and all who contribute bring light to our world.
8. My father rode a camel, I shall ride a pick-up and my son will drive a Cadillac; however my grandson will drive a donkey.
9. My treasures do not chink or glitter. They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night.
10. The broth is cooking, and now we have to act as one.
11. The lightly burdened shall be saved.
12. Truth may walk through the world unarmed.
13. When the shooting starts climb on your camel and head for the mountaintops.
14. When you sleep in a house your thoughts are as high as the ceiling, when you sleep outside they are as high as the stars.
14 Bedouin Proverbs