73 Bantu Proverbs.
1. A bone does not bring itself, it is people that bring it.
2. A case is not to be decided from one mouth.
3. A child one does not instruct on return, one instructs him when going.
4. A dead man does not know where his grave is.
5. A good deed will make a good neighbor.
6. A kingdom's strength is in mutual honor.
7. A redeemer of people is a walker with people.
8. A stick one bends while it is still green.
9. A thief does not like to be robbed.
10. A woman's clothes are the price her husband pays for peace.
11. Adjoining houses always burn.
12. Away from home the girl picks forbidden fruit.
13. Chieftanship is not infectious.
14. Cunning comes to an end, what remains is folly.
15. Cut of the sick part while it is still small.
16. Dance, father, people's eyes don't eat, they just stare.
17. Days are many, what is one is life.
18. Days cannot be tied in a bundle.
19. Earth is like a prison: we all go in through the same door, but we stay in different cells.
20. Even if we eat, earth will eventually enter our mouth.