253 Bajan Proverbs / Page 2.
21. A trick is not an arrow.
22. A wily person does not walk on dry leaves.
23. Another's mouth cannot take the oath for you.
24. Boys and sugar-cane grow up as enemies.
25. Candidates for circumcision.
26. Cat luck en' dog luck.
27. Cockroach ain't have nuh right at hen party.
28. Cockroach aint had no right in fowl cock company.
29. Cooked food is not sold for goats.
30. De berry don' drop too far from de tree.
31. De devil does find work for evil hands to do.
32. De hen dat cackle lay de egg.
33. De higher de monkey climb, de more he does show he tail.
34. De longer yuh live, de more yuh does hear.
35. De more yuh look de less yuh see.
36. De more yuh peep, de less yuh see.
37. De sea en' get nuh back door.
38. De tongue dat buy yuh does sell yuh.
39. Dead man can' run from 'e coffin.
40. Don't leh de devil get into me now.