41 Azerbaijani Proverbs
1. A mad man drops a rock into water well, so that thousand wise men can not take it out.
2. A man says his word to the face.
3. A man would not lick what he spit.
4. Beauty is ten, nine of which is dressing.
5. Beauty without virtue is a curse.
6. Bless the builders, damn the slayers.
7. Cheap meat never makes a good soup.
8. Courage is ten, nine is the ability to escape.
9. Courage mounteth with occasion.
10. Dog has to have its stomach full.
11. Drop by drop would make a lake.
12. Every tree casts shadow on its own bottom.
13. Grass grows on its roots.
14. He can't see the beam in his own, but he's looking for an eyelash in someone else's.
15. I tried to draw the eyebrow, but I ended up poking the eye.
16. Intelligence is in the head, not in the age.
17. It's not shameful not to know, but it's shameful not to ask.
18. Look at my color, know my mood.
19. Make sure your blanket covers your feet.
20. Mouth will not be sweet if you say halva.