25 Austrian Proverbs.
1. A blind chicken will often find an ear of corn.
2. A educated woman finds few suitors.
3. A lazy man is the devils handyman.
4. A light is still a light, even though the blind man cannot see it.
5. A marriage is a procession in which the cross goes first.
6. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
7. Do not allow the Gypsies to lure you out behind the furnace.
8. First bake the strudel then sit down and ponder.
9. God gives the wheat, He doesn't bake the bread.
10. History is constantly teaching, but it does not find many pupils.
11. If you owe 10,000 dollars, you are a customer of the bank. If you owe 100 million dollars, the bank is a customer of yours.
12. If you shoot your arrows at stones, you will damage them.
13. Imitate the sundial's ways, count only the pleasant days.
14. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
15. Old men and poodles are good for nothing.
16. Success has more than one father.
17. The cripple is always the one to open the dancing.
18. The earth does not shake when the flea coughs.
19. The hunt is like a dance for men, for women the dance is the hunt.
20. The most dangerous food is wedding cake.