16 Australian Proverbs.
1. A bad worker blames his tools.
2. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
3. Blood is thicker than water.
4. Don't blow your own trumpet.
5. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
6. God helps those who help themselves.
7. Half a loaf is better than none.
8. In the planting season visitors come singly, and in harvest time they come in crowds.
9. None so deaf as those who would not hear.
10. Once bitten, twice shy.
11. One man's meat is another man's poison.
12. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love; and then we return home.
13. The clash of ideas brings forth the spark of truth.
14. Those who lose dreaming are lost.
15. We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through.
16. You might as well be hanged for a sheep as for a lamb.
16 Australian Proverbs