77 Armenian Proverbs.
1. A calf is not found under an ox.
2. A drowning man will clutch at straws.
3. A girl with a golden cradle doesn't remain long in her father's house.
4. A mule can swim seven different strokes but the moment he sees the water he forgets them all.
5. A mule laden with gold is welcome at every castle.
6. A pain in the foot is soon forgotten -- a pain in the head is not.
7. A woman is like the moon-some nights it is silver others gold.
8. Advice is a free gift that can become expensive for the one who gets it.
9. All riches come from the earth.
10. Always tell the truth in the form of a joke.
11. As mills require two stones, so friendship requires two heads.
12. Ashamed of what she sees in the daytime the sun sets with a blush.
13. At death's door a man will beg for the fever.
14. Because the cat was given no meat, he said it was Friday.
15. Before the fat one slims, the slim one will die.
16. Better to be an ant's head than a lion's tail.
17. Birds are caught with seed, men with money.
18. Choose a friend with the eyes of an old man, and a horse with the eyes of a young one.
19. Clouds that thunder do not always rain.
20. Dine with a friend but do not do business with him.